Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Current WIPs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current WIPs

I'm working on a quilt for my niece. She graduated in December with her Bachelor's degree in Mathematical Biology. I'm so proud of her. This quilt will have a million small geese and less than a million large geese!

kern, at least she'll be able to appreciate all that math!

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

Comment

I'm working on this crib sized top that needs an inner border and more 4 patches sewn together for the outer border.

ETA: Scrolling past the picture again I see a seam that's coming open on the border piecing...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190713_130233.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	1253
      Last edited by FreedomLover; 07-13-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

FreedomLover LOVE blue, white , yellow! Looking really good!

Comment

VICTORY60 Thanks! That's my all time favorite color combination.

Comment

So pretty I bet she will love this!!! I’m also making a quilt for my great Niece.

Comment

I am working on my first ever quilt, for my daughter to use when she starts college in the fall. I don’t have a border yet, still deciding on a color.

Comment

I've got a couple things in the works though I haven't touched them in a while. I'm hoping to before too much longer.

I have a 6" Square Dance cut out and stored in a gallon zippy. It just needs pieced.

I have a quilt for my son in progress. I'm still piecing the fog. The fog material was dyed at a guild class.

Comment

I decided to make my niece a quilt using charm packs. Have ten blocks completed, forty more...

Comment

• Knitnurd
                    Knitnurd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've only ever made one quilt (for my eldest granddaughter when she got married 4 years ago), and my husband has decided we need more of them in the house (I love that man!). I have wanted to use pre-cuts, but wasn't sure I had the confidence to do it. Thank you for sharing this..it's going to be lovely!! What size will it be in the end?

• kranhu
                    kranhu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Knitnurd, it will be a twin size for her bed.

Hello all! I am a part of a quilting ministry and recently finished this baby quilt.

Comment

• Knitnurd
                    Knitnurd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is really beautiful!

• knittinginthedesert
                    Editing a comment
                    Cute baby quilt 😊

Click image for larger version

Name:	87EF5AFE-7DDB-4AC0-905C-99D64C9EEDB9.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	4149

Comment

Comment

• Mjoans
                    Mjoans commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL - my comments are in the pic, getting used to trying to use this site and after two tries, at least I was able to post a pic - anyway, trying no tear paper piecing with freezer paper -

• knittinginthedesert
                    Editing a comment
                    This looks interesting 🧡 and I love your machine!

I've got lots of stuff too! lol....Right now I am putting together my husbands log cabin...I have all the squares, but need to sew them together

Comment

Comment

I finished the block I was working on using a new to me method of paper piecing with freezer paper. If anyone is interested I do have the link to the method and the pattern. I don't know if I actually liked this method better, there is no tearing but I don't think it is as perfect as other methods. I did prove to myself again that the old grocery store freezer paper is the best. I tried using the sheets I had and they were not good, you really need paper you can depend on for this method.Click image for larger version

Name:	Xn36dbJ7TNSjIb+gDCCLvw.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	9441

Comment

• Carlota
                        Carlota commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice work and your photo is excellent. Very pretty!
                        Last edited by Carlota; 07-22-2019, 06:33 PM. Reason: edited to correct spelling

• dogtrnr
                        dogtrnr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Your block is lovely!!!!

• Sings4joy
                        Sings4joy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is so pretty! I haven't done paper piecing for a while and have only used regular paper...no, I take that back. I bought foundation paper a few years ago which was shear enough to copy a design on, strong enough to sew thru and light enough to tear easily.
                    Working...
                    X