LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Current WIPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A large queen size for my daughter and her husbeast.
    Attached Files

Comment

Full size for a close friend.
    Attached Files

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, you do beautiful work.

• ronsmysharona
      ronsmysharona commented
      Editing a comment
      Char Thank you! My sister got me addicted to them. Long arm quilting by machine kind of intimidates me, and I don't really have any where right now to set up any of my FOUR sewing machines, so knowing that, she sent me a bunch of hexies cut out already. Also knowing i wouldn't be able to let them go to waste. lol. That's why I started doing them by hand. And really, if you think about it, by the time I would get my sewing machine set up and put away every time I wanted t work on it, the sewing by hand is just as fast as machine. And it's portable because each 'patch' is done independently of all the others--and then you sew them all together.

• ronsmysharona
      ronsmysharona commented
      Editing a comment
      FreedomLover Thanks!

Gorgeous!!

Comment

ronsmysharona you had questions on posting pictures - I thought I would share this “how to’s” thread :-)

How To’s and FAQ’s

If need additional help getting around let me know!!
      Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: zero; YTD -276

Comment

I’m working on a modular knitted shawl. It’s using two yarns: Tosh merino light and Rowan Kid silk spray (70/30 Super Kid Mohair/Silk). So far I’ve finished two large divided squares, and nearing the completion of the third. I’m going to fill them in with triangles of the mohair yarn.

It’s an original design, and makes good Tv knitting. I’ll be looking for some testers in the coming weeks, after it’s done. Message me if you’re interested.

On a somewhat related note, I don’t know what the “Super” is for in super kid mohair. A quick internet led me nowhere. Any ideas why it’s super? Just for marketing purposes?
      KnitSwag: *personalized knitting swag, designed by an actual knitter.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/knitswag

Comment

• FreedomLover
        FreedomLover commented
        Editing a comment
        This is really lovely. I can't tell you what makes it super, I'd never wondered about that before now. Excellent question.

• ronsmysharona
        ronsmysharona commented
        Editing a comment
        maybe the super is meaning it is superwash?

• KnitSwag
        KnitSwag commented
        Editing a comment
        @ ronsmysharona. I's definitely not superwash. I suspect it's just for marketing purposes.

pinesprairie I always finish the sides with half hexies. They are kind of a p.i.t.a., but they make the finished quilt look so much better, imho.

Comment

Carlota no, I can't remember the name of the stitch I use to connect them, but it is kind of along the same idea as an invisible hem, like for pants. So I'm sure it's called something invisible. lol. AND I knot that both ends of each section of each hexie so if anything happens to break the stitching, it doesn't take out an entire row--just that one section of one hexie.

Comment

• Carlota
          Carlota commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I get it - like blind hemming. I think it must be so much fun to have those small finished pieces come together.

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
      X