Cricut Gives Your Ultimate Cutting Precision

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Quilt-As-You-Go Hexies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt-As-You-Go Hexies

I guess you could say I'm a newbie quilter--I've made a few quilted afghans in my life, but never got into it seriously because I was too busy crocheting. Like for 38 years. lol. Then after a minor stroke I couldn't crochet anymore, so I took up knitting. I never got into anything very intricate with quilting, like some ppl do. Well, my sister sent me a bunch of fabric, with half of it cut out into hexagons, and I have a new granddaughter--so I thought why not? I don't have anyplace right now to set up my sewing machine, so I decided to do it by hand. I gotta say--quilt as you go hexies are ADDICTING. I finished this one, and started on one for another granddaughter in pink. Same Kaffe Faucett Poppy Garden fabric, but with pink backing. I'm having a great time of it!

This is beautiful!!!! I wonder if I could do this. I am not generally a sewer, but maybe?
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

2020 Stashbuster MAL: WTD = +4; YTD = 19

Comment

• ronsmysharona
      ronsmysharona commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! If you know how to sew, whether it be by hand or machine, you can do this. There are SO many tutorials on youtube for quilt-as-you-go quilts. There are even a few that combine quilt-as-you-go with English Paper Piecing. I just happen to be doing all of these by hand because I don't have anywhere to set up my machine right now. Here is one tutorial that is a little less annoying than most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0baUwgdFsIc But be careful! those hexies are addicting! lol

This is gorgeous! I also dabble in quilting, but since discovering Fiberkind I'm only interested in knitting right now.
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

Comment

• ronsmysharona
      ronsmysharona commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I've got a couple of knitting projects on the needles right now, too, but got bored with them, so when these came in the mail, I was hooked into trying it. I think my sister knew I couldn't resist if most of the pieces were already cut out for me. lol

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X