Quilt-As-You-Go Hexies

I guess you could say I’m a newbie quilter–I’ve made a few quilted afghans in my life, but never got into it seriously because I was too busy crocheting. Like for 38 years. lol. Then after a minor stroke I couldn’t crochet anymore, so I took up knitting. I never got into anything very intricate with quilting, like some ppl do. Well, my sister sent me a bunch of fabric, with half of it cut out into hexagons, and I have a new granddaughter–so I thought why not? I don’t have anyplace right now to set up my sewing machine, so I decided to do it by hand. I gotta say–quilt as you go hexies are ADDICTING. I finished this one, and started on one for another granddaughter in pink. Same Kaffe Faucett Poppy Garden fabric, but with pink backing. I’m having a great time of it!

b855c1ca7e0732ebc9807f72201c43afjpg.jpg

This is beautiful!!! I wonder if I could do this. I am not generally a sewer, but maybe?

This is gorgeous! I also dabble in quilting, but since discovering Fiberkind I’m only interested in knitting right now.

Thank you! If you know how to sew, whether it be by hand or machine, you can do this. There are SO many tutorials on youtube for quilt-as-you-go quilts. There are even a few that combine quilt-as-you-go with English Paper Piecing. I just happen to be doing all of these by hand because I don’t have anywhere to set up my machine right now. :wink: Here is one tutorial that is a little less annoying than most: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0baUwgdFsIc But be careful! those hexies are addicting! lol

Thank you! I’ve got a couple of knitting projects on the needles right now, too, but got bored with them, so when these came in the mail, I was hooked into trying it. I think my sister knew I couldn’t resist if most of the pieces were already cut out for me. lol