Has anyone here ever used the Lutterloh system?

I invested in this years ago and never got the nerve to try it. It seems simple enough, and I have a new sewing machine to break in :slight_smile:

It looks interesting, but I’ve never used it.

Yes, several years ago, I bought one of the Lutterloh binders, and the sewing kit that goes with it. The most important tool is the tape measure you use to enlarge the patterns. It’s really very easy, and a lot of fun. :slight_smile:

The patterns fit well. You will need to add seam allowances. American sewing patterns typically have a 5/8" seam allowance printed on the pattern tissue, and you cut on the line for your size (for a multi-size pattern). European sewing patterns don’t always include seam allowances.

My adult daughter and I both purchased a set of the binder and tools to make the patterns, off of Ebay, for about half of what the retail price was. We each have a different “year” of patterns, but both are from the late 90’s. I have made some dress trousers that fit wonderfully, from the different pattern pages. Be warned, these patterns are made with a more “european” fit, which is tighter, with armholes that are also higher. I allowed 1 inch seams, to be able to adjust the fit. I was glad I did, because I like a little bit more room in my garments. All in all, I am very pleased with the pattern system. I must admit, I am an experienced seamstress, so I know how to put the garments together. This winter, I plan to make several of the tops in my pattern booklet, as well.

I have been looking at this system for 5 years now and never had the courage to buy one as I am not an experienced seamstress. I am currently spinning my own yarns for fabric and using the GET WEAVING patterns made by Sarah Howard to make my own clothes. Could this system be used to design your own clothes as well as use the patterns that come with the system?

Well, I gathered my courage and started drawing a pattern yesterday. So far, so good. It is a peasant type blouse, so no zippers, buttons or darts. If that looks decent, I’ll try some thing more fitted…

I own the system, but haven’t used it in years. When I did use it, it worked great.