Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Tool Storage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool Storage

How do you organize the tools you want within reach when you're at your sewing machine, cutting mat, pressing center? What about notions? We've moved twice in a little over a year and I want to reorganize my supplies. I asked the same question in the Knitting forum and would love to hear from the sewists.
    In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

US Gardening Zone 8B

I use an industrial-type toolbox, the kind for hammers and screwdrivers, etc. There is a lift-out tray with a handle and divided sections that are strong enough for things like screws and nails, so plenty strong enough for needles and pins, also some of the sections are long enough to take scissors and other tools. There is a large main section below that is big enough to take cones of thread for the overlocker/serger as well as ordinary bobbins, and I try to keep things like elastic and ribbons rolled up and pinned so I can just put them in and be able to find them again. My good tailor’s shears go in there, too, wrapped up and placed at the bottom out of sight, so no-one “accidentally” uses them to cut paper - grrrr!! It is not exactly a thing of beauty, but I can just pick it up and use it, then close the lid and put it away when I have finished, without any fuss.

Comment

• FreedomLover
      FreedomLover commented
      Editing a comment
      I love this idea!

• maryemilee
      maryemilee commented
      Editing a comment
      I use the same thing. Sounds like mine is a little smaller, but it is a tool box. I'm fortunate that my studio is upstairs and my husband never goes up there so I don't have to worry about anyone using my good shears or rummaging through my stuff. I really don't like anyone touching my stuff.
Working...
X