728 X 90
Accuquilt Dynamic Promo

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Pattern Ideas for Handspun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pattern Ideas for Handspun

What patterns have caught your eye that you think would be an excellent use of your handspun yarns? What are your go-to patterns from past projects? Some of us are new to spinning and need to broaden our repertoire and vision of items that make handspun yarn shine. Please, if you are posting pictures, only post pictures of your own items. You can post a link to a pattern site or just the name of a specific pattern so we can search it ourselves.
    Spin de Fleece Total Time: 29 hrs Total Grams: 567 Total Yards: 861
    Stashbuster MAL WTD: (-20) YTD: (+5)

I am looking at vest patterns for my latest SDF spinning. I'm looking at the Buttonbox vest from Knitty and the Barnstaple Vest from KnitPicks. I have the newest Ganseys book from KP that I haven't knit from yet.
    Spin de Fleece Total Time: 29 hrs Total Grams: 567 Total Yards: 861
    Stashbuster MAL WTD: (-20) YTD: (+5)

Comment

I have made a sweater from my handspun, I used the Ann Budd sweater book to do so.
      Linda
      2021 Stasbusting week ending 7/3 WTD = +6 YTD = +102
      2020 Stash busted +160
      Book Challenge 103/150; 27 non-fiction

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
      The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

• Sommerfugl
        Sommerfugl commented
        Editing a comment
        One of The Knitter's Handy Books of Sweater Patterns? I own both of those. they are the most useful books I have.

I wanna try these; https://knitty.com/ISSUEw20/PATThand...TThandspan.php not for my spin-de fleece yarn though, I'm thinking maybe a lace shawl for that.

I like stranded color work with handspun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010985 (2).JPG
Views:	20
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	105767Click image for larger version

Name:	1 P1010844 b.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	105766

I also have a pair of felted mittens made with this yarn, that I don't seem to have a picture of yet.

Name:	P1010297.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	105768

I have yet to make a handspun sweater.

Comment

• PurlgirlButtons
        PurlgirlButtons commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm working on a sweater that is specifically designed to use up a bunch of different skeins by blending them. Look up the Less is More cardigan by Amy King on Knitty.com

• dapncat
        dapncat commented
        Editing a comment
        Carlota
        PurlgirlButtons

Hee....I have a long-term blanket of all my white and grey spun yarn....several years of working on this blanket very very slowly. So I suppose that one more long-term project won't hurt!

I actually stumbled on a project on the current Knitty that is designed for any gauge--so may try that.

• Carlota
        Carlota commented
        Editing a comment
        PurlgirlButtons thanks for the pattern idea - I had wondered if there was sort of a formula for the introduction of colors and so I see that it is a great way to combine some various shorter spins. I would want long sleeves and therefore would save some of each color for the sleeves, in proportion to the number of stitches.

Sommerfugl Yes, a top down pattern Here is a picture. I imposed a colorwork pattern onto the raglan pattern to use up lots of small amounts of spin.

Name:	20160507_180939_medium.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	105823
      Linda
      2021 Stasbusting week ending 7/3 WTD = +6 YTD = +102
      2020 Stash busted +160
      Book Challenge 103/150; 27 non-fiction

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
      The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost" JRR Tolkien

Comment

• Carlota
        Carlota commented
        Editing a comment
        That's beautiful - very modern looking too.

• Sommerfugl
        Sommerfugl commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice!

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X