Spin de Fleece 2019 Completed and Winners announced!

May I say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who made this first Spin De Fleece a huge success! This was such a spur-of-the-moment event which we hastily put together with little time to spare because of the timing of everything, yet we were blown away by how many of you responded and wanted to be a part of this event.

Whether you were one of the spinners who grabbed this opportunity to make a serious dent in your stash or to move some fiber you’ve been wanting to give some serious attention to (okay, maybe that’s the same thing…) or if like me, you had lofty goals to sit down and spin every day but found life didn’t allow as much of that as you wanted–either way, you made it a success and I loved seeing everyone’s progress reports, both here on our site and on Instagram. You took it seriously, whether you got a lot done or not, and Deb and I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. What better way to rise from something that was unpleasant and create beauty, which is what you have all done. I am so proud of each and every one of you, even if you only got to sit down at your wheels and/or spindles for a short time this month! You have inspired me to get back to spinning and to make time for it, even if life is busy and there is seemingly little time for it. There is something so redemptive about being able to spin and just relax and enjoy life, and to have a gorgeous yarn as a result that can be used in to countless ways–so rewarding, right???

And may I (Rhoda) say a huge thank you to @DebbiRYarn for all her help. I couldn’t have done this nearly so well without her wisdom and experience and encouragement. We had quite a few messages flying back and forth between us to keep this event going! Also, she was so quick to get this moved over when our website needed to be upgraded and I was glad that she took the initiative before I hardly knew what was happening.

We also want to thank our generous “sponsors” for their gifts to make this a success–I was blown away by how many stepped up so quickly and offered to make this a fun event by adding in the prizes!

Grand Prize donation–Lap Palette by Fancy Kitty (@fancykitty)
Week 1 donation–Fiber from @spinchick
Week 2 prize–Turkish drop spindle donated by Lanie K. Designs (@stitch81)
Week 3 prize–Finnish fiber donated by @Callielw
Green Jersey prize–Drop spindle donated by @RoadFindCotton
Polkadot Jersey prize–Fiber (donated by yours truly)

Finally, I want to say I think we are off to a awesome start for our annual event and if someone else is interested in taking up the leadership for Spin de Fleece 2020, I am more than happy to hand it off. I certainly do not have a monopoly on this and I know there are some of you MUCH more experienced at this, and who would probably do a much better job. So if you are interested, let me know and I’ll be happy to share what worked this time and what didn’t. I know it’s a whole year away, but it’s good to think ahead while things are still fresh in our minds from this year’s kickoff.

By the way, please go to each of the prize posts to see who won and congratulate the winners!

Thanks again, to all, and keep spinning!!!

@rkennell (Rhoda) and @DebbiRYarn (Deb)

Thanks so much to both of you for putting this together. It was so much fun and really appreciate your hard work to make this happen! :smiley:

You’re welcome! It was fun!

Thank you both for hosting this and to all the prize donors. It was my first time spinning during the Tour. I had a great time and enjoyed the kindness and encouragement of the participants!

You’re welcome–thanks for joining us!

Thank you so much i was spinning alone and then there was spin de fleece. Happy sheep.

So glad you found us!

Thank you to all! This has been a great event and looking forward to getting to know our growing community!

This has been such fun for me and, even though I definitely qualify for the least amount spun - I didn’t even finish the BFL, let alone the silk - I did spin much more than I usually do. And it was such fun seeing all the beautiful things you all did. Congratulations to all our winners and a huge Thank You to Rhoda ( @rkennell )! It was fun working together!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and the middle of my wool stash for hosting this. I can’t think of anyone else that would have done a better job than you two.

It really was! I enjoyed it as well. My husband saw me smiling at the computer yesterday and wondered what made me so happy–I was working on getting prizes posted and enjoying every minute!