Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

SPIN TOGETHER spinning event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPIN TOGETHER spinning event

Make sure to check out SPIN TOGETHERhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/355042558499127/
    we are on of the sponsors for this years event that will be held Oct 6-12. It is not to late to join! also check out their website to find out how to joinhttp://www.spintogether.org/

you can join a team on September first but check out either their facebook page or their website for more info.
    Yvonne for Fancy Kitty

fancykitty , thanks so much for sharing this!! I had no idea there was something like this being put together. I'm guessing since Spinzilla fell apart, this is a similar contest. I am excited for this!

Anyone want to join in? We could have a team (or 2 or 5 or 10!) from our site!

Comment

• Carlota
      Carlota commented
      Editing a comment
      Count me in!

Originally posted by rkennell View Post
    fancykitty , thanks so much for sharing this!! I had no idea there was something like this being put together. I'm guessing since Spinzilla fell apart, this is a similar contest. I am excited for this!

Anyone want to join in? We could have a team (or 2 or 5 or 10!) from our site!
    I would be interested! The spin a long rekindled my love of spinning.

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome--would you like to lead a team?

Won't be a participant this year, but, maybe next? Will go over to the website as I no longer use FB.

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      That's fine. I'm glad they have a website, esp. for non-FB users

If you all want to start a team ... and someone else wants to be in charge... I will provide the two necessary prizes that they require for a team. I am already an event sponsor and we are giving a larger prize for that but I would be willing to donate 2 teaser boards which retail for 19.95 each and I will add a tiny blending brush with each teaser board. to bring the value up to the required $25 or more. All I ask is that you call the name of the team FANCY KITTY UNRAVELED or something with our FANCY KITTY name in it... if you don't like that. Any takers? please note there are specific rules that will need to be followed http://www.spintogether.org/create-a-team/ yvonne
    Yvonne for Fancy Kitty

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow--thanks, Yvonne! Anyone else want to join a Fancy Kitty team? Since I was a leader for SdF2019, I'm more than happy to hand off the team captain role to anyone else. Since Unraveled is no longer our website name, we could use a combo of FiberKind and Fancy Kitty, but need some suggestions!

• wheat
      wheat commented
      Editing a comment
      would you consider "Fancy Kitty - FiberKind"

I already committed to another team before I saw this post, but if that changes, I would love to join the team!

Comment

I would love to be a part of this team. I should have checked here first anyway LOL

Comment

If we are going to be a separate team, someone needs to fill out the forms today. This is the last day teams can be registered.

Comment

• fancykitty
          fancykitty commented
          Editing a comment
          yes that is correct.... unfortunately I cannot oversee this, because I just do not have the time but like I said I wold be glad to donate the prizes so if someone else wants to spearhead this feel free

• Carlota
          Carlota commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, I think two dates were mentioned, and I think the last day is August 31. See 2nd to last paragraph right above "Create My Team," here:
          http://www.spintogether.org/create-a-team/
          So maybe there is still time if we don't nail it down today. I am not a FB member but maybe someone else is. It is very kind and generous that fancykitty has offered prizes.

What is involved in overseeing this? I don't have a lot of free time but if it's not time consuming and paperwork heavy, and no one else wants to do it, I'd be willing. LOL Lots of ifs in there

Comment

• fancykitty
          fancykitty commented
          Editing a comment

• LeoLady
          LeoLady commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks like they are looking for businesses to sponsor teams. I don't have a fiber business, I do have a dog training business but I don't think that counts. Seems like they also want to have a FB group set up for each team. And they mentioned a lot about R which I will not do.

How about the name Fancy Kitty Fiber Kinders ( Kinder in German is child or kid)

Comment

• fancykitty
          fancykitty commented
          Editing a comment
          Carlota, It appears that they have closed the create a team when I go to that it says "Thank you for your interest in creating a team for Spin Together. We have completed team creation for the year, but you're certainly welcome to join a team beginning on September First." Im sorry but it looks like we missed this year to create a team but as of Sunday Sept 1 you should be able to join another team..... I just messaged them because they do have BOTH dates on the same page very confusing at the top it says it ends August 28 and at the bottom it says August 31
          Last edited by fancykitty; 08-29-2019, 07:23 PM.

• Carlota
          Carlota commented
          Editing a comment
          fancykitty Oh that's interesting - I guess there was an error on their info page. Thanks for checking it out.

• LeoLady
          LeoLady commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I'll just continue to spin on my own and throught he Se2Se challenge. I was really a bit disappointed to see R mentioned and mentioned.

fancykitty I'll be happy to keep tract of yardage, etc. but would you be willing to set up the team?

Comment

• fancykitty
          fancykitty commented
          Editing a comment
          you can always join one of the other teams... if you wish my understanding is when they open it up on the 1st to join a team all teams are open to anyone first come first serve.

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm happy to join the team and I'm guessing there will be some more if we promote it! I saw the 2nd deadline as well, so I thought we had a bit more time. I'm so glad they're allowing us to go with it. If fancykitty would like to go ahead and set it up, I'll be happy to help promote it and see if we can get a team going.

• LeoLady
          LeoLady commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay, I'm confused now. Will we have a team or not? I'll be on here but I won't go onto R. I won't expose myself to what's going on there.

I’m also confused. I will sign us up but someone needs to start a Facebook group and keep track of everything and email all team members etc. is someone wanting to do that ? If. You are in order to sign up I need your first and last name and your email. You could private message me. Or we can just pass this year
        Yvonne for Fancy Kitty

Comment

• LeoLady
          LeoLady commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't do all that. My plate is too full. Maybe we just need to wait till next year when we can plan better.

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          fancykitty, I'll do it. I wantto provide a group here where our members don't feel like they have to be exposed to the issues going on in R. If you sign us up, I'll take care of the FB group, the emailing, etc We might have a small team, but that's fine. Let's do it!

• LeoLady
          LeoLady commented
          Editing a comment
          Works for me.

After reading thru their information - it seems the "Team Group" is really only using FB and R as a place where a group can be "free"
        with that in mind, I will send a PM to them today and see if FB is mandatory since most here on FiberKind may not be willing to participate on Rav.

Perhaps it would be easier for FiberKind teams to have their groups here - if so, I would be willing to help you set up the group and if more than one is needed - a seperate category in FiberKind groups for all the teams.

What might be needed is someone from the "teams" willing to follow and share any "common information" posted to their main FB group
        p
        If you think this will help your teams let me know, much as I really would like to participate, other claims on my time would make me an unreliable team member.

Your thoughts?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
        =====
        My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          I was thinking as well that it would be good to have our main group here; I just wasn't sure they would recognize it. I think we will probably not have more than 1 team this year, as late as it is, but I would be happy to help make it work. Would you let us know as soon as you hear back from them so fancykitty can get us signed up? We're already apparently past the sign-up date, but since they had 2 dates listed, they are giving us time to still sign up. But I DEFINITELY agree that having our main group here and reporting to the main FB page (and I'm happy to do that) would be in our best interest at this time.

I would be on this team! I actually won my TDF team's competition for spinning the most yardage last year. Or maybe it was Spinzilla? I'd love to try. Just let me know what you'd like me to do to help!

Comment

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          Callielw, We'd be thrilled to have you on our team! Stay tuned!

Well, that was disappointing:
        Wheat: Question: Is there any reason why a Team's "group" cannot use a FiberKind.com group for its members?

Carla Hanson" Good morning, Wheat Carr. That sounds like a lovely venue, but I think we had better stick with Ravelry and Facebook since I think most people are on one or the other. Also, by now all the team captains should have their groups set up in any case.
        Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts
        =====
        My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

• rkennell
          rkennell commented
          Editing a comment
          Okay; we'll stick with a FB group if we have to! I think we're allowed to still sign up since they had 2 different dates to sign up by, and the last date was actually listed at August 31st. We'll make it work! I think I'll create a group here on FiberKind and then post a link to FB. We don't need R, for sure! There's also no law saying we have to use our FB group for more than just a few bits of details; we can still let our FiberKind group be the place for our main postings and pictures. I can even put a link in the FB page for this group.

• LeoLady
          LeoLady commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, just as I suspected. Hopefully we can get around it by what rkennell is suggesting. R in stealth. (SIGH)
      Working...
      X