LoveCrafts 728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Who's wanting to join Spin De Fleece 2020???

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's wanting to join Spin De Fleece 2020???

Tour de France is running from August 29 to September 20, and that will be here before we know it! Which means Spin de Fleece is also coming around! So, please reply below if you:
    1. Plan to join the Spin de Fleece. We'll do teams if we have enough people.
    2. Would be willing to co-host the event with me; 3 people to co-host it would be ideal! (yes, I think co-hosts can win prizes)
    3. Would like to donate a prize--spindles, fiber, fiber tools, an embroidered tote with logo, etc.
    4. Would like to come up with an official colorway of fiber for this year that we could order from someone. This would need to be done soon and I would need a recommendation for a fiber dyer/source and probably the sooner the better! Preferably it would be someone from our FK site.

We will take all our activities to the Spin de Fleece group, but just getting general interest here. This is for spinners of all kinds--e-spinners, traditional wheels, beginners, advanced, whatever!

ETA: If you want to join, I have created a separate post with the details of the event for this year--just hop over there and comment that you're in. Sorry about the duplicate posting, but I wanted to get the rules and details up and keep everything in one place.
    Last edited by rkennell; 06-13-2020, 01:14 PM.

Hello and welcome to the Spin De Fleece!

FiberKind will donate some fiber as a prize. I'm looking at some Malabrigo Nube from The Woolery I may wait to order until a colorway is chosen and try to match it.

(Of course, it would be wonderful if folks used an affiliate of FiberKind 😉 )
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: zero; YTD -276

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your generous contribution! I hope our affiliates get shown some love during this event.

I will spin and I will donate a prize. (I cannot offer to moderate as we have large chunks of time with spotty internet.) Thanks for doing this.

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Carlota --Looking forward to having you join us!

I'll spin along with you. I don't know your rules but I usually set a certain amount of time per day that I'd like to be spinning.
    Linda
    Stasbusting week ending 8/8 WTD = +0 YTD = +162

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost.
    The Old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost"

JRR Tolkien

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      crosstitchlinda -- This is only our 2nd year, so not a ton of rules, but we'll post them as we go along. Glad you can join us! It's a fun time and it's fun to give away prizes!

Did anyone notice PurlgirlButtons new avatar? Cute button!!!
    Knitting is happening here! ❤️

Stashbuster MAL 2020: WTD: zero; YTD -276

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      That is so cute! I didn't see it before.

• Carlota
      Carlota commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree - very cute!

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
X