Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Spin de Fleece Week 2 Prize drawing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin de Fleece Week 2 Prize drawing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_240.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	7458
    Wow--

Week 2 has come and gone!! Hopefully it's been a productive week for everyone!

Our prize this week is a sweet Turkish drop spindle donated by Stitch81 , owner of Lanie K. Designs. This is a beauty and I'm sure it will be a joy to spin on! Thank you Stitch81 !

So to be reminded, the rules for participation are simple--you need to have had at least 5 days where you've spun for at least 20 minutes (or did fiber prep or plying, etc). Again, this is on the honor system and we're not going around checking to see if you did that or not. So, if by this evening (Friday the 19th) at midnight you qualified for this week's drawing, please comment below and post your name. If you care to show a picture of what you did or at least tell us about it, that would be awesome. Also, please note that even if you weren't able to do last week's contest, you can still qualify for this week's drawing if you met the above specifications for this week.

If you've already met that qualification, feel free to go ahead and post your name; you don't have to wait until this evening to do so. But to keep it fair, no posting after midnight on Friday, please.

Also, I encourage everyone who has made it through all the days of the SdF2019, don't give up for this last week--we have some really nice prizes coming, not only for the weekly prize but we'll be giving away multiple prizes for those who complete the entire Spin de Fleece. Stay tuned for some posts coming up!!

P.S. I apologize for not posting this sooner this week--I ended up traveling to CO to help my sister's family move and I've had precious little time to spend on the Internet. We're traveling home today and I'm so looking forward to being back home and having a regular schedule, even though I'm glad I was able to do that.

I spun 30-60 minutes every day but rest day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	99980FDB-0ED1-4BC5-B251-390E68E775FA.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	7471

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Lots of great progress!! Good job!!

I snuck in 30-60 minutes a day, even in this heat!!

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Good for you! It has been a warm week!!!

Yes, please count me in... I have spun every day for at least 2-3 hours. Thanks so much!

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like an incredible week of productivity!! Wow!

I spun to the race each day. Sometimes a couple hours. Todays individual time trials was great to watch and i finished the rest of my Violet Island tonal which will be plyed with the sock batts. Guessing 400 yds for both bobbins combined.

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Love that purple! I missed so much of the races this week--I hope to do some catching up this weekend now that we're back home. Good job!

Iā€™m not sure If I spun all of them or not...switching to the new forum threw me off. šŸ¤·šŸ¼*ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚
    Last edited by hcknitter; 07-19-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      It was crazy a bit--we'll include you!

I still can't figure out how to link from Instagram to get a photo to pop up, so you can just visit my IG to see the progress lol

https://www.instagram.com/moescrochet/

Each day besides Tuesday has had over 30 min of spinning. Mostly on the shown electric eel, but also some hand spinning on drop spindles has been done.

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen your posts in Instagram--you've had some lovely progress!

That turkish spindle is beautiful but I don't spindle spin much anymore so, while I qualified, I'm not going to enter.

Comment

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      Next week will be fiber and the end contest will also include some fiber giveaways, so keep spinning!! Glad you still spun this week!

• LeoLady
      LeoLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh I will. This has been really good for me to discipline myself to spin every day for a bit. Not to mention that finished yarn takes up less stash space so, Oh my, I have room for more stash. LOL

I spun for at least 20 minutes everyday except last Saturday and Tuesday.

Comment

And the winner is......@VivianPearl!! Congratulations for winning this sweet Turkish Spindle from Lanie K. Designs (@Stitch81)!! Happy spinning!

Comment

I was busy yesterday and failed to check the forum. I did spin the required amount of time every day of Week two.

Comment

• rkennell
        rkennell commented
        Editing a comment
        Great--we'll have some more drawings, so be sure watch for those! We have some really nice prizes coming up!

Stage 15 today. I was able to spin one of the sock batt colors and ply it for 124 yards
      Attached Files

Comment

• rkennell
        rkennell commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous fiber and yarn!!
    Working...
    X