Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Spin De Fleece Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin De Fleece Event

Putting the Spin de Fleece 2019 dates into the calendar. Come spin while the cyclists spin!
    Starts
    07-06-2019
    Ends
    07-29-2019
    Last edited by DebbiRYarn; 07-12-2019, 10:36 PM. Reason: SpinDeFleece2019

It's official!! For this year's challenge, we'll be using Spin de Fleece 2019 as our "official" name! If someone wants to design a logo for this, feel free to submit some ideas! (Update: Thanks to@AFrayedKnot, we have a logo!!! Isn't it awesome?!?)

#spindefleece2019 (make sure it is spelled out--you only have to do it once for Instagram)

This year, our Spin de Fleece starts on Saturday July 6 and runs until Sunday July 28th, 2019.

How to participate?
    Simply put:
    Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 6 through Sunday July 28th.

Days of rest:
    Tuesday, July 16th
    Monday, July 22nd. (Just like the actual tour.)

Challenge Days:
    Thursday, July 18th
    Friday, July 26th

"This year, the first one is Stage 12, on Thursday July 18 when, following the start in Toulouse, the route travels flat to rolling roads for more than 120 kilometres before the first mountain appears. The Col de Peyresourde (15.2 kilometres at 6.1%) is crested at kilometre 138 and the riders plunge down to the valley. Up next is La Hourquette d’Ancizan, which is a 9.9 kilometres climb at 7.5%. The second is stage 19, on Friday, July 26th, when the riders leave for Tignes on a short yet demanding route. Basically, the road goes up once the flag is dropped – not dramatically, but stoically. On rolling and constantly sloping terrain the riders reach Montée d’Aussois after almost 40 kilometres and following a short drop it continues like before. The route moves through Lanslebourg-Mont-Cenis and tackles the Col d’Iseran, a climb of 32.9 kilometres with an average gradient of 4.2%. Sure, the sheer distance is a killer, but even more so are the last 3 kilometres with double digit ramps." (Credit to R. Tour de Fleece)

What do we call a "challenge"? Anything that stretches you as a spinner. Maybe spinning longer than your normal span of time, maybe spinning a different type of fiber, or even trying a new technique.

A couple of tips:

Spin when you can; don't worry about missing days.
    Set YOUR daily time limit; 15 minutes, 1/2 hour, 2 hours, etc. Whatever works for YOUR schedule.
    Challenge yourself on the days when the TDF is doing a challenge day.
    Bonus for yourself if you get to watch the TDF while spinning some days!

Just a reminder: No direct sales allowed in posts. This is to be a fun themed spin-along, not a place to recruit customers. There are other places on this website to accomplish that. 😊

PRIZES! Anyone who would like to donate something as a prize would be welcomed. So far, we've had 2 offerings of fiber and a drop spindle!! WooHoo!! The more prizes we have, the more the fun! It's a great way to promote your dyeing biz or whatever it is you sell if you want to do that. Of if you just have plenty of fiber lying around and you want to share the love, let us know.

TEAMS?
    At this point, @DebbiRYarn and I (@rkennell) are leading the way for a whole-group spin, but if you want to get a team together around a certain focus, that's fine. We're keeping it rather low-key this year since it's such short notice, but we should still have a ton of fun!!

How to join? Simply comment below that you're in!

Comment

Originally posted by DebbiRYarn View Post
      Putting the Spin de Fleece 2019 dates into the calendar. Come spin while the cyclists spin!
      Love the new calendar feature--thanks for making us "official"!!!

Comment

Comment

• oldgoatwoman
          oldgoatwoman commented
          Editing a comment
          Obvious I don't know how to get my description to show! 1,370 yards of Southern Cross Fibre Australian organic Polwarth, DK, US6 needles to make a large triangular shawl. For the tour I strive to spin an hour a day. Scenic detour as I'm so eager to see how this knits up!

Well count me in. Im watching and spinning.

Comment

Is it too late to join? I've been spinning this month (tho I will admit I am sharing it w/ another group.) PLMK if it's okay to cross post. :^)

Comment

• Stitch81
            Stitch81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Head over to the spin a long topic under spinning and you will find the spin de fleece progress report discussion. You can post your progress pics there. Welcome!
        Working...
        X