Spin de Fleece 2021 - FAQ

This thread/post will be used to let you know how this years Spin de Fleece will work. As we nail down the details, we’ll let you know !

Here’s how this will work.

1. We will not be dividing up into teams. Rather, we will be focusing on our own personal goals and having fun spinning together.

2. There will be prizes. How many will depend on how many donations we get. Prizes will be based on more than just trying to spin the most. [INDENT]
    A) Kick Off Drawing: There will be a random prize for all who post in the Chatter Thread Opening Weekend.

B) Green Jersey: There will be a prize for the person who spends the most days spinning over the whole tour. This may also include a prize for the most time spinning over the event dates.

C) Yellow Jersey: This category focuses on speed. This will include a prize for the most grams per minute spun. Also includes a prize for the most yards spun.

D) Red Polka Dot Jersey: For the hard climbs. There are three of these, and they are for[/INDENT]
[INDENT=2]First to . . . 100 grams of Singles.
First to . . . finished 2 ply, 3 ply, or chain ply skein.
First to . . . finished skein 28 grams/ 1 oz Art yarn or unique spin[/INDENT]
[INDENT]
E) White Jersey: This is a prize for our newbies only! Please let us know if you have been spinning less than 1 year! Random drawing for this one.

F) Combativity Prize: This is a special prize at the discretion of myself and Rkennell.

G) Leisurely Spinner: This is a random drawing for all who use a drop spindle, turkish spindle, or the like during the tour.

H) Consolation Prize: There will be a random prize for all who post throughout the tour, and have not won any of the above prizes.[/INDENT]

1. You will post in the SPF Checkpoint Thread (yet to be created - it will be there on the 26th!). When you post there, you will post with the following Information for each date: [INDENT]NAME:
    Date:
    Time Spun:
    Grams Spun:
    Finished Yards Spun:

A) You don’t have to post every day, and you can ‘catch up’ your posts throughout the week. However, I strongly encourage you to make sure you are caught up every Sunday night, as that is the cut off for some of the prizes I have lined up. If you don’t post, you won’t be eligible for the prizes as I am going to try to draw prizes throughout the tour! It’s easier to track a few days at a time, than to try to catch up the whole tour at the end!
B) You don’t have to report Grams every day, but do not duplicate grams in your reports. For Example. You spin 100 grams of fiber, but it took you 3 nights to do it (Mon, Tues, Wed). You could report 33/34 grams for each Mon Tues & Wed, or you can report 100 grams on Wednesday and 0 for Mon and Tues.
C) Yards spun means a finished skein. We will count single yardage plus Plied Yardage. Report yards only when you have completely finished a skein of yarn. (must be in a hank and ready to soak). (100 yards of 2 ply finished yarn would count as 300 yards spun). [/INDENT]
[INDENT]D) I will make the tracking spreadsheet visible to all participants, but I will update it with the designated helpers. If you feel there is a mistake, please private message me and I will be happy to correct it.[/INDENT]

1. I would like to have some spin and chats throughout the tour. Do you prefer Facebook Chat, Zoom, or Google Meet? Is there a day of the week or time of the day that works better for you? Please private message me with your preferences.

The tracking Spreadsheet Link here (it’s ready,I think).

5/28/21 - ETA some prizes and details on how things will work this year - more to come! This is still a bit of a flexible guide. Things may change a bit depending on the number of prizes donated.
6/21/21- ETA - I believe this is pretty accurate. But Rkennell and I reserve the right to make executive decisions on items that may be unclear, or possibly mis-stated. We are trying out best to be accurate so there are no miscommunications, but we are human and make mistakes sometimes. Let’s focus on having fun and we will do our best to answer all questions you may have. :slight_smile:

This is all looking really great! Thanks for putting it together. It’s been a busy summer for the 2 of us, but you have done an excellent job of putting together a plan! I’m getting excited about finding time to sit down and spin.

I’m most comfortable with Zoom if I know ahead.

I’ve never actually done a Google hangout, I don’t think–I guess we’ll give it a go! I won’t be able to be on the whole time, though.