Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Electric Eel Wheel Nano

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Eel Wheel Nano

Anyone else here in on the Kickstarter for the EEW Nano? I accidentally ran across it when I was in the hospital last fall, wondering what I'd be able to do when I got out so I signed up. Now it's shipping and I'll have it on Thursday! I never really had much use for an e-spinner, but this was just too darn cute!

I missed the Kickstarter, but got in on the preorder. I knew nothing about it until my spinning friend mentioned it. I have no willpower. I hope you post when you get yours! Exciting!

Comment

• Grammaresa
      Grammaresa commented
      Editing a comment
      I will. It's supposed to arrive on Thursday.

That is exciting! When I saw the video that he made showing how quiet it is, I started getting interested. It is a cute little thing!

Comment

I just got my shipping notification email this morning!!! Now I will probably be checking that tracking number till the keys wear out on my keyboard!

Comment

• Grammaresa
        Grammaresa commented
        Editing a comment
        I got my shipping notice last Saturday, but it didn't get picked up until Monday so I was on pins and needles all weekend waiting for a text with the arrival time. I signed up for text updates with USPS so I could track the progress.

That is exciting!!! I can’t wait to see a photo.

Comment

Me! Mine came on Monday. After fiddling around with the tension a little, I’m really enjoying spinning on this little guy. Sometimes my foot tries to reach for the nonexistent treadle when I turn it on, but then I realize, ahhhh, no need, I don’t have to work so hard. Lol. I bought the little igloo tote for it this morning. Everything fits perfectly inside it, with room for fiber.

Comment

• yarnforall
          yarnforall commented
          Editing a comment
          Really cool! And nice idea about the bag.

It's here! I was walking out to the barn and the postman drove up! Only took a few minutes to get it up and running. Now I've just got to finish a few errands and I can spend the rest of the evening spinning!

Comment

• yarnforall
          yarnforall commented
          Editing a comment
          Squeeeee!!!! I am so excited to for you. I love that purple fiber too..
          Last edited by yarnforall; 08-08-2019, 05:57 PM. Reason: Typo

I get mine today, since my paradise fibers box has been delivered I assume it has been too, but darn sleeping babies mean no trip to the mailbox till hubby is home lol... I was hoping with 2 boxes they would have to come to the house, but no such luck.

Comment

I had to have my husband super glue the pully but now we are good. I personally like my 5.1 better, but for 2.5 more $ I probably should lol. My bigs don't get home till tonight and they are the ones that wheel is really for. I still think they should of all listened to me when I said they needed to practice drafting, def think that is the hardest part of spinning on an spinner.

Comment

• moescrochet
            moescrochet commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree it is best for the finer yarns, I was hoping I could ply more with it but I may just have to keep that to the main machine.

• 1mowmow
            1mowmow commented
            Editing a comment
            What do you mean about superglueing the pulley?.

• serialspinner
            serialspinner commented
            Editing a comment
            1mowmow - On some of the Nanos, the pulley on the motor shaft isn't secure so it turns freely instead of driving the flyer. Just needs a dot of glue to secure it.

My husband is not gonna let me play with ya'll anymore. I just ordered one and it's allN ya'll's fault. Lol

Comment

• moescrochet
            moescrochet commented
            Editing a comment
            It's ok to come to the dark side lol

• Grammaresa
            Grammaresa commented
            Editing a comment
            Happy to help!

Mine came yesterday at home, but I'm at my folk's house helping out since my mom broke her hip. My daughter sent a pic of the box and it is killing me!

Later, our local yarn shop owner sent a pic of the battery cover she has made for me (our high school has a 3d printer). They are both killing me now! It is a conspiracy!

🤣

Comment

• Grammaresa
            Grammaresa commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Mine feel and broke her leg in March. It's stressful for everyone! Too bad you don't have the Nano there. Hope she's feeling better soon and you're able to get home.

Finished my first bobbin. Couldn't believe that it would hold 2oz of fiber! I'm guesstimating that I'll have about 800+ yards of 2ply once I finish the 2nd bobbin. Woo-hoo!

Comment

Got mine today! It will probably be a week till I can actually play with it - school just started back up. The bobbins are so tiny - I hoped to use this for plying after I spun singles on my traditional wheel, but I’m not sure, after reading initial reports...

Comment

• Grammaresa
              Grammaresa commented
              Editing a comment
              My own experience makes it seem like the motor may not be powerful enough plying. But that may be a personal thing. I tend to set the take-up pretty strong when plying to keep me from over-plying the yarn. I'm using the Nano for laceweight singles, then will ply them on my Lendrum. Since I can get 2oz on the Nano bobbins, two plied should all fit on one Lendrum bobbin and give me a lot of yardage without breaks.

Got mine yesterday. Spun a 20g fibre sample on it and it worked GREAT. No issues, no overheating. Used it a little bit today on a battery pack, again, it was great. No issues at all that weren’t my own learning curve on a new machine. Very impressed so far! Seems to be a fantastic little wheel.

Comment

Guess what arrived!!! Now to tame the tension.....

Comment

Working...
              X