728 X 90

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://fiberkind.com/articles/4133-forum-etiquette
See more
See less

Inkle, Card, Band and Backstrap Weaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was notified that my Inkle Loom is back ordered. The Woolery isn't expecting any for 2 to 4 weeks How disappointing.
    Visit my Blog: http://tmskquilt.blogspot.com

Oh SNAP ✨ we're DUELLING 🤺 atFiberkind Wizarding School!
    Let's SPEW.

Comment

• Char
      Char
      Administrator
      Char commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh no! Honestly, though, when I ordered my larger loom and heddles from Woolery, it was back ordered longer than that (a few months into COVID). The Woolery is great to work with, and within a day or two of their receiving the items, it was shipped speedy shipping so I had it right away.

• Spice2s
      Spice2s
      Expert Crafter
      Spice2s commented
      Editing a comment
      Char
      Administrator
      Char I know. I have ordered from the Woolery before. I was just so excited to try this "something new". So it's disappointing to have to wait. However, I looked through our scrap wood, and I now have the pieces to try to make a loom of my own. The only thing I need to figure out is how to do the slding peg for tension. The others I know I can do. That sliding peg is troubling me a little. I will have to buy the hardware for that, as I don't think we have what I need. But everything else was in the scrap wood pile, so it will be almost free if I can make it work! We don't do a lot of wood work, but it doesn't seem complicated other than the tension peg.

• rkennell
      rkennell commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if they are behind a lot. I feel like they are slow in getting orders shipped. I placed a yarn order last Thursday and it still hasn't been shipped. The status says "Ready to fulfill " since yesterday.

So an update on my Inkle Loom adventures ...

I didn't make my own, my boss was going to make me one, as he does woodworking regularly and has all the tools, but he was moving house, and therefore his shop was all packed up... so he still hasn't gotten around to making it, as now he's injured his rotator cuff. BUT . . .

Good news coming . . .

BUT

There was a handweavers sale I noticed on facebook, which was only 30 minutes away. I went and looked around, and I was a very good girl, I only bought two things ..

One is a small shuttle for $2, and the other was a inkle loom that had a project started on it already ...

On Sunday night I finished the project, I mean, really, it was warped and about 1/2 dozen wefts woven, so it was barely started, but there was plenty of yarn/string on the shuttle, so I just finished it up, and it worked great and the best part is, I got it for $35 ! What a steal!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220514_125443.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	128944

Name:	20220514_130816.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	128943

I made the band into a strap with metal snaps at the ends.

Name:	20220518_174940.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	128945

Visit my Blog: http://tmskquilt.blogspot.com

Oh SNAP ✨ we're DUELLING 🤺 atFiberkind Wizarding School!
    Let's SPEW.

Comment

Amazon Widget

Collapse

Paypal Donate Link

Collapse

Working...
    X