April 2020 - Sock KAL Chatter

I had leftover blue and yellow yarn from a pair of shorties so I’m adding it to white and making another short pair then I’m onto the Fairy Dancer pattern.

68f28960169ecef49fe12488cd16bb72jpg.jpg

I think I need to go yarn shopping. I was thinking of trying the Regia yarn, can anyone tell me the best place to order or buy that from? I’m not even sure if our craft stores are open, so many businesses forced to shut down by our governor :mad:

If you are at all sensitive to itchy wool, I recommend you only buy one skein of Regia and try it. The bad part is some skeins are more itchy than others. I gave up on using Regia and Opal because I found it too itchy. If it doesn’t bother you, it is great sock yarn.

I really like the super wash merinos but the cut out socks look fun and wanted to try but if it’s really itchy I will bag that idea

Littleknits.com has excellent prices on Regia yarn.

@Rose the Rebel - lots of people love Regia. I just warned you in case you are sensitive.

Here is what my “Jacquard and Stripes” socks are looking like. Two colors of Regia Baby Smiles yarn. I forgot to post yesterday morning’s picture, so it’s here too.

IMG_20200401_105513288.jpg

IMG_20200402_084931001.jpg

These are turning out beautiful!!!

Those colors look great together.

Beautiful yarn!

Thanks, @lovestostitch and @Char :relaxed::relaxed:. I should be able to get through the heels today.

Thank you!

@lovestostitch I bought 4 skeins of Wild Foot which were really expensive, made one pair of socks and my fingers felt like I had rug burns between them. I still have 2 new skeins and 2 1/2 used that will probably never get used.

So pretty!

@Rose the Rebel - I agree with you on the wild foot :slight_smile:

Thank you, @FreedomLover!

Char I would offer to donate it for a prize but I don’t think anyone would want it. It would be a boobie prize

I started a pair of socks this morning. Toe up, 2 x 2 lacy rib. Yarn is Regia Design Line. These will be summer shorties, because I am desperately low on them for summer.

IMG_20200405_085229709.jpg

Pretty color!!

Making progress on my Fairy Dancers.

74735742-62B8-49AB-96B3-1A73D644C039.jpeg