March 2024 Chatter

I have a really good sugar cookie recipe that holds the shape well. Some spread and puff too much. I’m not sure about a detailed dinosaur shape. You’ll have to make lots of cookies to experiment on recipes! I love sugar cookies with buttercream frosting. My hubby prefers them unfrosted so I do half and half. I don’t worry about beauty though. I just spread the frosting on.

3 Likes

Do eggs! You can even color or frost them so they are mottled green or something and look more like dino eggs. Eggs are a super easy sugar cookie shape and perfect for a dino-themed baby shower.

4 Likes

Yes, I used to have several dinosaur cookie cutters. I gave them to my daughters-in-law a few years back .

Honestly, I like wish lists. I feel that way they get what they really need.

4 Likes

I like wish lists too. My daughter makes Amazon wish lists for me all the time for herself and for my grandson. It makes shopping soooo much easier. I don’t always buy the item from Amazon but it’s an easy place to post lists.

2 Likes

My family does Amazon wish lists too. My boys and brother have no idea what yarn-y things or books or movies or whatever I would like and I have no idea what games or collectible items they are currently into either. So we all maintain our wish lists and share them with each other so we at least have a starting point for gifts for each other. Like @lovestostitch said, we don’t always buy the exact item from the list through Amazon, but it at least gives us an idea to go on.

4 Likes

Love that idea! You could make a few with a crack and littke candy eyes peeking out.

3 Likes

That would be adorable!

1 Like

@lovestostitch @crosstitchlinda @Majormomma - do you try to do the jogless join in helix knitting? - I was thinking about knitting one row in solid colour and two rows in the variegated yarn

this was actually discussed in yesterday’s Zoom - but anyone can comment :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No I don’t do the jogless join. To be honest I never use it. But the thing with the helix pattern is that it doesn’t need it. At least in my opinion.

1 Like

Is this what you are talking about?
What are you knitting with it? Sounds interesting.

1 Like

yes - that’s what I’m talking about - Laurel showed me some socks she had made and it got me inspired - everyone said it’s so easy to do

@crosstitchlinda - do you think I don’t need to worry about it even if I’m knitting two rows with the same yarn?

1 Like

I don’t know. It depends on how you think the second row looks. As I said I’m not the one to ask as I never worry about doing the jogless join.

I don’t mind if there’s a jog in the first round - I need to watch more videos because I don’t understand how there’s not a jog on every round…

Hey All, please lift up Char today and this week for a medical procedure. :pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

I think if you wanted to do 2 rounds of one color and one round if another, you still use 3 strands, 2 of one, one of the other, because the way it works us that the rows are spiraling stacked on each other, that is why you don’t see a jog, because there isn’t any, you just drop the current color when you come to the next tail, then pick up the next and keep knitting. The tails can be close together ( several stitches apart, or spread evenly in the round)

3 Likes

:pray:Thank you for letting us know.
Char is the best. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

All the best, Char, hope all goes well.

And while the cat is off my arms - here’s some stuff I finished lately…

This anteater is from the Zoomigurumi book my daughter gave me.

And this shawl was for a friend’s 80th birthday.

And this was a stashbuster table mat and coaster.

8 Likes

If I wanted two rows of the same yarn, I would divide the yarn in half and use it as two separate balls. The way I do it, there is no joining. You just pick up the other yarn and go. Don’t even tug really hard when starting with the new color.

5 Likes

Love the bright colors.
The anteater is cute. Weren’t you also making endangered species critters at one point as well?

3 Likes

Thank you. Surgery went well, now the healing can commence. :slight_smile:

5 Likes