March 2024 Chatter

We took a trip west during an eclipse year and we watched it from the Grand Tetons which were on the path. It was fun. My husband is more into it than me and he wanted to go to a good location for this one. I said I couldn’t leave my seedlings unattended. I have about 20 trays of seedlings that I don’t want drying out.

3 Likes

Understandable, that will turn into a good amount of food later in the season.
We have a watering tray under all of ours. I will try to take a pic and put it in the garden chat later today.

2 Likes

Yes you can’t abandon the starts at those critical times.

2 Likes

I just learned that we will have a partial eclipse here so we won’t completely miss it.

2 Likes

Good luck! Hope the weather cooperates. We were cheated out of one here recently by storms.
I don’t think we can see the eclipse here.

1 Like

Here’s the finished four ounces of the yak/silk blend. I’m going to hold off on washing it for now; the fiber is clean already, but whether I weave it or knit it, it will be easier to handle before I get it fluffed up.

I’m in the 85ish percent range for the eclipse, which is pretty neat.

8 Likes

And here are some more handspun skeins I’ve just finished washing, weighing, and labeling. 4 oz of Merino d’Arles which worked up into a very nice thick squishy yarn, and 719g of Clun Forest worsted from a local farm.

10 Likes

They are all gorgeous!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Wishing all who celebrate, a Happy Easter.

:rabbit2: :hatching_chick: :sheep:

7 Likes

Happy Easter!!!

6 Likes

Wow. Those look fantastic.
You did a great job.

Do you have patterns chosen for them?

1 Like

The cat is sleeping on the cooker, so I get to post! Love those gorgeous yarns, Heather; hope everyone is well and thriving, along with all plants, and that those who celebrate it have had a great Easter. :rabbit:

3 Likes

Thank you! No specific pattern yet, and probably not for a while; my knitting rate has gone way down, and I’m trying to work off some UFOs. I’ve got a chunk of brown BFL or Corrie or something in stock that I’d like to work up as a match to this, though, for more colorwork options.

3 Likes

Please post as you work on your UFOs.
I have been neglecting my crochet and knitting these last few months. I am sure your pictures would inspire us all to get moving on ours.

My cross stitch baby blanket is almost finished. I am outlining and doing finer details now.
Baby show is 2 Saturdays from now. Might not have it finished for that…but should have it finished by the time Baby Frankie is here in May.

@Char Have you seen any dinosaur fabrics for infants in the fabric world? I was thinking of going to Joanns. My local Wally World doesn’t have dinos.

2 Likes

Hello Char! I love your Sticks and Stones block. I bought a jelly roll from MSQC called Elliot to make this.

3 Likes

This is stunning!

4 Likes

So good to see you!!!

The sticks and stones top was so easy and fun. Can’t wait to see yours.

I’m organizing a bus trip to MSQC for the end of May. It is going to be so fun! (We still have room if anyone wants to go! Leaves from Lafayette IN.)

2 Likes

That is a dream of mine, you’ll have to share pictures. It’s good to be back, I signed into the new format ages ago then my laptop died. I couldn’t get my password to work so my husband found something that could open my drive on his and I’d accidentally added a fourth digit to the three numbers in my password. I seem to be “cursed” when it comes to technology. :blush:

4 Likes

I totally understand.

We still zoom on Fridays. Should we add you?

1 Like

Glad you found your way back! We missed you.
I have problems with this stuff too.

1 Like