April 2024

I suppose I should start an April Chatter :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ha! I was just going to start it, but I see you beat me to it.

3 Likes

I thought about it Monday but I don’t know how. I have enough trouble just typing on here. So frustrating.

3 Likes

Thank you.
For me March just sort of slipped into April.
At least I remembered trash day this week. lol.

4 Likes

From the March Thread…so is MSCQ the place to be for quilters? I had never heard of it, but I’m not a quilter.

3 Likes

Yes - it is definitely a destination for quilters. :slight_smile:

And of course the bus stops for other quilt shops along the way.

MSQC does in fact have a yarn shop as well, though.

5 Likes

It is definitely a place for quilters and also a great story about a family starting a small business that grew to revitalize their town.

1 Like

it looks like Spring is finally here - no more snow in the forecast and these little beauties are making their way to bloom

8 Likes

I’ve got to get in quick here, while the cat is eating. Lovely to see spring arriving there! We’ve been having a lot of high winds, hail and rain so I have been getting a bit of crochet done (Spot permitting).

I’ve been using up odd balls of hot colours to make this throw for some time now, and it was finally big enough to be called a finished throw.

More stashbusting to make Scooter the guinea pig.

My daughter created this character as an avatar for herself online, and requested a crochet version.

And here’s yet another cushion cover, inspired by watermelons.

9 Likes

I love all of your projects! They will all be cherished.

2 Likes

Hooray for spring!

3 Likes

We had an awesome view of the eclipse today. We were in an area that had totality for approx 4 minutes. Truly majestic.

9 Likes

Great Pictures! We had 98.8% total and it was very nice.

6 Likes

So cool!

2 Likes

@Lemming13 You have been busy. I love the projects. People are going to love them.

@Char We could see a partial eclipse here. Best option for me was to watch the shadows and light as they came thru one of my trees. It looked like crescent shadows. (in the 30something percent iclipse) :waxing_gibbous_moon:

I did watch the nasa footage and enjoyed learning about the double diamond ring effect and what the visible red spots around the corona were.

3 Likes

I’ve finally got my 3D printable embroidery stand files available :smile:

https://www.printables.com/model/833921-the-clare-embroiderers-assistant-ergonomic-economi

6 Likes

@HeatherAthebyne - that is amazing! I must admit, this technology really is becoming pure Star Trek. Roll on the day when I can replicate precisely fitting socks instead of knitting or crocheting them for my son with the extra long feet…

I finally consulted a vet about my cat and his sudden desperate need to cling to me all the time (though right now he’s clinging to my daughter, who’s taking a nap). Apparently it’s not uncommon as cats get older for them to develop anxieties which make them want more frequent close physical contact with any familiar creatures in the household. He probably prefers me because I have digestive disorders that make my stomach a constant chemical furnace, so my body heat is much higher than my daughter’s, since he is likely to be getting arthritic. I can certainly relate to that, nothing like heat to relieve the old bones! I feel awful now about getting tetchy with the old chap. Still, I generally do let him have his own way most of the time, so he does all right. I may make him a blankie, all the same.

5 Likes

Such beautiful work!

3 Likes

I love cats. How old is he?

3 Likes

He’d probably love a blankie as it will have your scent all over it.

2 Likes