July 2024

Happy Independence Day to our US folks and happy July! :fireworks:

5 Likes

Happy 4th of July!:us:

3 Likes

Happy 4th to everyone who celebrates the holiday! I hope crafting, family and great food fill your day.

4 Likes

Happy 4th from England!

4 Likes

I’ve been talking with my crafting group about FiberKind - if you see new people they are probably my friends. :joy:

8 Likes

Need a recommendation:
I am looking for a book (preferred) or a trustworthy website that gives garment dimensions for designing my own baby and toddler clothes. To make things for my granddaughter.
I am pretty good at designing based on my gauge so I don’t need it too dumbed down, just a reference resource. All I am finding are pattern collections. I tried 2 LYS and nothing available in store (one told me to go Google it🙄)
I know Ann Budd has published “Knitters Handy Guide” books with basic patterns at different gauges. Any opinions on that series? Or other great ideas?

2 Likes

I have been using this site for size references for a couple of years now and found it to be fairly reliable. They also have men’s and women’s size charts and sock and hat size charts for babies to adults.

5 Likes

If anyone is interested, the newest issue of Blocked magazine is up! I think it is our best one so far and has some great stuff in it!

5 Likes

I have used the Ann Budd books many times. The only comment I have is that the preemie sized hats seem large, everything else is fine.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this link!

2 Likes

A bit of Hardanger in progress, primarily to test out buttonhole edging and its stability. I’m looking forward to the cut work! For some reason I hate doing eyelets though… glad they’re all done for this piece.

8 Likes

That is beautiful! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I just finished this piece I have had in progress for a little while. :slight_smile: I might add another border when I get home. We’ll see.

8 Likes

Another beautiful piece of work!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

My mom sent a joke today:

Why was the quilter playing with her scissors?

For the shear fun of it!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Stopped in a LYS during my travels. This shop is in Bandon, Or. Lovely people and cute shop full of goodies.

4 Likes

Ooo, I love that shade of blue.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

I second that! So pretty!

1 Like