July 2024

Pretty kitty too! Does your Siamese act kind of like a dog? My sister had one that would play fetch.

3 Likes

I have been working on my Raiders of the Lost Shark lace socks for the Politically Incorrect Knitters Shark Week 2024 challenge for the last week. Since I fell and hurt my arm on Tuesday, I wasn’t sure if I was going to get them done on time or not, but I did! My brother has an old Jaws game toy so we decided to make use of it to get some pics of me wrestling my socks from the Jaws of the shark. They aren’t blocked yet, so the lace isn’t as pretty as it will be once I get that done. I will post some more pics of the socks once they are blocked and pretty. My little orange kitty, Fitz, got the idea that he would play with the net we were using as a prop but quickly decided he didn’t like it as much as he thought he would. We let the poor little boy out pretty quickly and I don’t think he’s going to go anywhere near a net again! :scream_cat:

6 Likes

Yes, my kitten, Dr Watson, is dog like in many ways.

1 Like

It just dawned on me that the Olympics are being held in Paris in 10 days.

I am thinking of planning some crafting to work on during the 3 week long event.

Has anyone planned ahead already?

2 Likes

I haven’t, but that’s a good idea!

1 Like

@Shauna825 I had fallen behind in watching your youtube channel. I watched yesterday and commented.

You were so sweet to respond. I am the one who said that the Oregon coast was beautiful and recommended The Wool Company in Bandon.

I loved seeing your projects. The yarn you spun was absolutely beautiful.

2 Likes

I tried these today and I’m in love. So easy to get into tight little thread spaces!

3 Likes

I was able to sew this cowl together today. But, I finished the basketweave portion while traveling.
Wool-Ease. In grey heather.

7 Likes

New WIP. I got this yarn before 2020 on a yarn crawl. Finally paired it up with a pattern

6 Likes

Nice yarn and nice kitty!

I also want to give a shout out to a LYS, The Black Purl in Wausau WI. My daughter and I stopped there on our way to St. Paul MN. Friendly staff and welcoming atmosphere from the open knitting table. Got two SQ yarns and they were giving away old magazines and books. Added many issues to my Interweave Knits collection and even a vintage Vogue Knitting from the 60’s. Worth a visit.

3 Likes

Which pattern did you choose?
Lovely colors.

1 Like

I haven’t been up that way recently but love the shop’s name!

1 Like

This is so lovely.

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

This looks so cozy!

1 Like

I finally got around to blocking my Raiders of the Lost Shark lace socks and they are so pretty! I am mildly annoyed that they ended up being such different colors. I did one from the inside of the skein and the other from the outside (just in case I ended up having to frog them!) and one ended up being considerably lighter than the other, but it is really only noticeable when they are right next to each other, so it should be fine. They are lovely and light, so I may even be able to wear them during the summer. I will try them next time I go out and we’ll see!

10 Likes

I love the yarn! Oh my goodness. I love tweediness.
My eye are old, but i don’t see that one is lighter than the other. Have you made peace with it yet?

4 Likes

double-ended tunisian crochet swatch where I tried different stitches - one swatch, two sides

5 Likes

I have done double-ended tunisian crochet before - I made a reversible dress (skirt and sweater) for my mother

the two sides of the sample

the photos are a bit blurry because they’ve been taken from a video my mom made

6 Likes

I love this pattern and yarn combo!

2 Likes